September 15, 2012

Avocado juice

Today I went to the supermarket to buy one or two things so that I don't have to starve during the weekend. But when I was there I saw these dark & ripe avocados. So I had to take them with me & I made one of the most delicious juices in the world - avocado juice.

It is a typical Moroccan beverage, but I don't think that Moroccans drink it very often. In Morocco I just had it one or two times when we went out for a juice - no in Morocco you usually don't go out for an alcoholic drink ;-). I never heard of an juice made up of avocado before until my husband made it for us. At first I was a bit sceptic, but when I first tried it I fell in love with it. It is so delicious.


And here is how you can make it:

For two big glasses you need
2 avocados - they have to be very ripe & soft (edit: 1 avocado is already sufficent)
500ml of milk
3-4 table spoons of sugar - if you don't like it very sweet just take 3 table spoons of sugar


At first cut the avocados into two peaces, spoon them out & put the pulp in a bowl. Then add the milk & the sugar & puree everything with an immersion blender. Pour the puree in glasses & put it in the fridge for about half an hour - it tastes best when it is cool. You can also decorate it with almonds & mint leaves.

That's all. It is very simple, isn't it? I hope you enjoy this beverage. Now I'm going to relax with a glass of avocado juice, which I just made.

2 comments:

  1. Klingt schonmal sehr lecker! :D hoffe, du machst die nochmal, wenn ich wieder zu Hause bin und lädst mich auf einen Drink ein ;P
    Ich mag deinen Blog so sehr!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, danke :3
    Das Problem ist halt immer, das idR die Avocados im Supermarkt nicht reif genug sind. Deswegen müssen die Zuhause erstmal ne Woche nachreifen. Aber iwann lad ich dich bestimmt mal ein ;-)

    ReplyDelete